Using tokens in emails allows you to personalize your messages by dynamically inserting contact-specific information. Tokens in DesignDiverso Automata are placeholders that automatically pull data from your contact database and populate it in your email content. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to use tokens in emails in DesignDiverso Automata, along with some useful tips.
Step 1: Access the Email Editor:
- In DesignDiverso Automata, navigate to the “Emails” section.
- Create a new email or select an existing email to edit.
Step 2: Insert Tokens:
- Place your cursor in the desired location within the email content where you want to insert a token.
- Click on the “Insert Token” button in the email editor toolbar. It may appear as a curly bracket icon or a “T” icon.
Step 3: Choose the Token Type:
- In the token selection popup, choose the type of token you want to insert. Mautic provides various token options such as contact fields, custom fields, preferences, and more.
Step 4: Select the Token:
- Once you’ve chosen the token type, a list of available tokens will appear.
- Select the specific token that corresponds to the data you want to populate in your email.
Step 5: Preview and Test:
- After inserting tokens in your email content, preview your email to ensure the tokens are displaying the correct information.
- Send test emails to yourself or a test group to verify that the tokens are populating the dynamic data correctly.
Useful Tips for Using Tokens in DesignDiverso Automata Emails:
- Personalize Subject Lines: Use tokens in your email subject lines to address recipients by name or include other contact-specific information. Personalized subject lines can increase open rates and engagement.
- Dynamic Content: Incorporate tokens to dynamically personalize your email content based on each recipient’s data. For example, use tokens to insert the recipient’s name, location, or recent activity to create a tailored and relevant message.
- Custom Fields: Utilize custom fields to collect and store additional information about your contacts. You can create custom fields for specific preferences, interests, or any other data points relevant to your campaigns and use tokens to dynamically populate this information in your emails.
- Preference Center: If you offer subscription preferences or allow recipients to manage their email preferences, use tokens to generate personalized preference center links. This allows contacts to update their preferences directly from within the email.
- Test Tokens with Sample Contacts: Create sample contacts in your Mautic instance with various data sets to test how tokens populate in your email templates. This helps ensure your tokens are working correctly and displaying the desired information.
- Token Display Conditions: If you want to display alternative content or fallback values when a token is empty or missing for certain contacts, you can use conditional statements within your email templates. This ensures a seamless experience even if some contact data is missing.
- Regularly Update Contact Data: Keep your contact database up-to-date by regularly syncing and updating contact information. This ensures that the tokens in your emails reflect the most accurate and relevant data.
By following these steps and applying these tips, you can effectively use tokens in your emails within DesignDiverso Automata, delivering personalized and dynamic content to your audience. Personalization enhances engagement, creates a more tailored experience, and increases the effectiveness of your email campaigns.